Well, the year has come to a close for 2J Commerce as our team puts in the final few hours of hard work ready for the Christmas shutdown. So, we felt this was a great opportunity to reflect on 2016 and sum up the changes and progress 2J Commerce have made. It's been a great year!
We started 2016 with plans to grow steadily as we have done year on year, maintaining our 'work to grow philosophy' without any external investment or debt. Well, we certainly achieved this with exceptional results and growth whilst still maintaining this strategy.
So what has happened this year, lets list a few major changes we have made.
• Magento 2 trained solution partner - With the official release of Magento 2, our team quickly jumped on the program and became one of the first partners to join the official M2 certified partner program.
• Launch of Cadbury Gifts Direct - One of the most technically challenging but also rewarding projects in 2J history, the launch of the www.cadburygiftsdirect.co.uk website was certainly one of the years highlights, featuring a fully custom built personalisation system and high level checkout on Magento Enterprise.
• Move to Magento Gold Partner - After the successful launch of the Cadbury Gifts Direct project, 2J Commerce joined the Magento Gold Partner program (Now re-branded to Magento Enterprise Partner) after been recognised in the top 3 performing partners for 2015 - 2016 year.
• New board of directors - In July this year, 2J had a change in its board of directors, with 1 existing director moving away from the business and 3 new directors joining to aid with growth and strategy.
• London office secured - With the increase in demand from the Capital City, 2J Commerce secured office space in a key area of London within walking distance of Kings Cross / St Pancreas Station.
• 2J become an LLP - In August this year, 2J took the decision to move our business model to an LLP, this means all employees are now partners of 2J and have a vested interest in the growth of the company.
• New Project Management / Operations team lead recruited - Shortly after the board change and move to LLP, we recruited a very talented Project Manager whose job was simply to build a powerful Project team and change the way we handle and manage all projects.
• Launch of the first UK Magento Enteprise Cloud sites - We have always tried to be at the forefront of new Magento technology and once the Enterprise Cloud was announed it was our goal to be a leader in this field. We were very excited to launch one of the first UK only based merchants on Magento Enterprise Cloud and see the exceptional performance it offered. Soak&Sleep saw instant improvement in page speeds by around 6 seconds per page after making the move to Magento Enteprise Cloud. We can also confirm 2J will be launching 3 new Cloud projects early 2017 which firmly puts us as the leading Magento 2 Cloud partner from around the world.
• New Project Management Team - From August the new PM team was created with code name 'Gateway' This team has grown in a few short months and now boasts 10 members which includes; 5 highly experienced Project Managers including 1 Certified Scrum Master, 2 Project Co-ordinators and 3 Support Co-ordinators, with plans to further increase this team from Jan 2017 you can be sure your project is in very good hands.
• Adopting Agile - Still the final pieces of the puzzle are been implemented but we are now fully immersed in Agile. Our team have had extensive training and loving this new approach to Project management as are our merchants.
• DEA Award Winners - Winning the DEA Award for 'Consumer engagement of the year' was certainly a year highlight. To be selected out of all the entries specially by the Judges really is an achivement the whole team are very proud of.
• New finance / office administrator recruited - With the ever increasing portfolio of merchants and demand on financial administration, our latest recruit joined the 2J team in October 2016 to strengthen the day to day management of the administration and finance tasks.
• Dublin office approved - What better way to end the year than on a high, it was an exciting announcement for us here at 2J, already having a strong Irish portfolio, agreeing terms on an office in the sought after location of 'The Digital Hub' has ended the year perfectly for us.
This is a short run down of my highlights from 2016, so we are all very excited to enter 2017 with what we believe is an extremly strong foundation and first class team between all our office locations, UK, Ireland, India.
We look forward to working with you in 2017!!